Sr Scientist Microbiology
This is the job for you if want to be where your ideas will be central to world-changing and lifesaving products. Microbiology R&D is at the core of our company we are seeking an exceptional talent to join our team. This is a senior role; you will be a key contributor and critical to the success of the company. The job includes experimental research and development to create a cutting-edge in vitro diagnostic system. Experience in product development for medical diagnostics is preferred. Ideally, you have proven expertise in planning and executing laboratory experiments, preparing, and giving presentations, data preparation and acquisition, and data interpretation. Domain knowledge in protocols, execution of clinical studies, and experience working within regulatory guidelines is a definite plus.
The job requires in-depth knowledge and proficiency in standard microbiological methods such as dilution and enumeration of microorganisms, stocking frozen strains, isolation, and identification of pathogenic microorganisms, preparation and sterilization of culture media, aseptic techniques, components of culture media, and impact on growth. You must be able to work in compliance with FDA and ISO guidelines in the regulated IVD arena. Key responsibilities include:
- Working independently and as a member of a cross-functional team to support microbiology research and development.
- Preparing data decks and giving presentations for various studies.
- Working as a member of the development team executing analytical and research studies.
- Providing team members with technical guidance and training, as well as identifying resources needed to meet or exceed project goals.
- Authoring and reviewing protocols, reports, SOPs, work instructions, and other product-related documents.
Creating new-to-the-world, impactful products, requires passion, smarts, strength, persistence, and hard work. You should be able to solve difficult problems and get big things done. You will be self-motivated, highly organized, and flexible. Ability to independently manage a project is needed and you must be able to adapt to shifting priorities. You should be excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
We are adding only the most exceptional talent to our outstanding team of engineers and scientists. You should have a track record of success in your education and projects, along with the following characteristics and skills:
- PhD in Microbiology or similar discipline with 1+ years of industry microbiology and/or medical diagnostics, or M.S. in equivalent major with 4+ years in microbiology and/or medical diagnostics.
- Strong research background. Exceptional skills in preparing presentations and analyzing data.
- Experience working with a team of microbiologists. Previous track record of collaboration within a fast-paced environment a plus.
- Proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and evaluation of new technologies and procedures.
- Experience in the development and validation of clinical diagnostic/susceptibility assays for infectious disease.
- Teamwork experience, start-up experience and knowledge of AST is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
- Clinical Microbiology Laboratory experience is a plus.
- Experience working with multidrug-resistant bacteria and/or Mycobacterium Tuberculosis is preferred.
- A team player that works well can independently and as part of a team.
- Ready for a fast-paced biotech start-up.