Material and Production planner
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner than existing methods, saving patients suffering from drug-resistant infection.
We have been funded by nearly $30 M in non-dilutive government sponsored research support and recently $17.5 M in venture capital. This is an opportunity to join us at an inflection point in our commercial growth as we bring our first key product to market and with recognition from major customers fueling an expansion of our staff.
This is the job for you if want to be where your ideas will be central to world-changing and lifesaving products. This is a critical job for our growing company and one that works in close partnership with our sales/marketing, production, supply chain, and financial team. The key role is management and execution of all aspects of planning for internal and external manufacturing, and material supply chain from new product introduction through to ongoing growth of manufacturing and customer fulfillment. The job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Expediting material availability through liaison with procurement and teams involved with inbound material processing
- Track, report, and facilitate on-time material availability.
- Coordinate with manufacturing, inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Request quotes from suppliers and assists in negotiating pricing.
- Deliver clear-to-build status.
- Assist with processing and shipping of material, domestic and international.
- Releasing work orders to production based on build plan.
- Maintaining WIP and ensuring work orders are closed when complete.
- Collaborate with purchasing to ensure orders are placed on-time to fulfill supply and demand.
- Analyzing forecast and demand for internal and external customers.
- Create and maintain new part numbers, BOMs, etc. in the ERP System.
- Review and maintain safety stock levels.
- Timely review of MRP and execution of purchase orders, supplier confirmations, and delivery schedules for materials in assigned commodities to support production.
- Tracks and monitors open purchase orders, supplier confirmations, delivery schedules, and invoices for supplier compliance with quality, quantities, cost, invoices and schedule adherence.
- Negotiates supplier pricing within assigned commodities to drive favorable PPV.
- Other duties as required
You are self-driven, capable of figuring out what needs to be done and making it so, mostly independently with minimal supervision. It is important that you be comfortable, capable and excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment. You will need to be hands on closely involved in all aspects of supply chain planning and manufacturing operations. You have these characteristics and skills:
Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience preferably in a medical manufacturing environment
Ability to work independently/self-starter.
Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making.
Highly detail oriented with great organization skills.
Knowledge of computer systems, programs and applications. Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP.
Strong knowledge of bills of material, supply chain operations.
Skills in written and verbal communication.
Proficient with Excel and Word.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Purchasing and Supply Chain
Medical Equipment Manufacturing