“Having a same-shift phenotypic susceptibility test for blood infections could allow life-saving escalations of therapy for this deadly condition.”
- Dr. Laurent Dortet, co-Director of the CRE NRC
SPECIFIC REVEAL® RAPID AST SYSTEM
- Delivers phenotypic results in an average of 5.5 hours directly from positive blood culture, enabling single shift impact, vs. two days with conventional AST methods.
- Sample prep averages three minutes or less, cutting time and costs. No need to separate red blood cells.
- Modular, stackable instrument with 43cm wide footprint reduces space requirements & avoids single point of failure.
- Assay covers wide range of antimicrobial drugs in a single panel.
Learn how the SPECIFIC REVEAL works
Clinical evaluation results from Dr. Martin Rottman
“Specific is developing what may be one of most promising and practical new paradigms for increasing the speed to results that has become so critical in cases of drug resistant infection. The combination of low cost, simplicity, and speed of result is exactly what is needed to make an impact.”
— Professor Susan Sharp, PhD, D (ABMM)
Stackable Design Allows for Easy Scaling as Samples Increase
Easily scale from 8 to 24 samples per shift.
Narrow width saves space: Just 20 cm tall x 43 cm wide.
No single point of failure ensures continuous operation.