Web Application Developer
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner (1 day vs 3 days).
We have been funded by nearly $30 M in non-dilutive government-sponsored research support and recently $17.5 M in venture capital. This is an opportunity to join us at an inflection point in our commercial growth as we bring our first key product to market and with recognition from major customers fueling an expansion of our staff.
This is the job for you if want to be where your ideas will be central to building a company and creating lifesaving products. This role is for a leading developer creating a transformative commercial medical system. The role focuses on the development of a web-based dashboard to monitor and track the activity and health of our fleet of instruments.
The job spans development, test, documentation, and iteration based on test results. Software development is the DNA of our company and core to our product developments. The main development roles include design and coding of:
- Communication interfaces to Healthcare Information Systems at hospitals and labs
- System administrator configurations and controls
- User interface with an understanding of the customer use cases.
- Unit test and participation in design verification and regulatory documentation.
You will be a key contributor and critical to the success of the company. Our software development is very diverse, and you will have the opportunity to work on various technologies and develop various aspects to our solution. You have a proven track record of successfully, architecting, coding, and testing to solve challenging real-world applications, preferably in devices and instruments. You should be excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and the following qualifications:
- A degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computational Biology or related field and at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency with the following programming languages and frameworks: Python, SQL, Typescript, React, GraphQL
- Substantial experience developing web apps, dashboards, and visualizations
- Cloud experience required; AWS experience preferred.
- Knowledge database technologies is a plus – strong preference given to PostgreSQL and Snowflake
- A proven track record of developing, validating, and deploying.
- Medical instrument software experience is preferred.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, full fluency (verbal and written) of the English language is a must.
Engineering and Information Technology
Medical Equipment Manufacturing, Software Development, and Biotechnology Research